School-Based Support Teams
What is the school-based support team?
The program was created to provide support to students from grades JK to 12 in Brantford
and Halton, in both Catholic and Public Boards, who are experiencing symptoms of mental health problems and whose
daily life is being negatively impacted.
Support can be provided in a variety of formats to accommodate and best support the student, family and school staff.
The type of service offered will be determined in collaboration with the school, student and family. Support can be provided
to students and families throughout the year, not just the school year.
The school-based support team provides support in three general areas:
The School-Based Support Team is suitable for students who:
- Find mental health issues impact their academic achievement
- Have difficulty functioning within their family due to effects of mental health problems
- Have thoughts of self-harm
- Lack coping and problem-solving strategies
- Struggle with peer relations